Over the past week, the Cook County Department of Public Health updated Mitigation Order 2021-11. This update now requires guests 19 years of age and older participating in health and fitness classes, adult sports, and events where food is being served, to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. All youth programs will be exempt from this mandate.
Masks continue to be required for all patrons ages 2 and older while visiting all indoor facilities. Mitigation Order 2021-11 maintains the indoor mask requirement for all people in indoor setting that was issued in Mitigation Order 2021-10. No provisions of the masking order have been altered.
Proof of vaccination means:
- A CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card; or
- An official immunization record from the jurisdiction, state, or country where the vaccine was administered; or
- An ‘app’ that provides a digital record of vaccinations; or
- A digital or physical photo of such a card or record that includes the individual’s name, the vaccine brand administered, and the date the vaccination was administered.
- For those ages 16 and older, identification must accompany proof of vaccination. Identification includes a driver’s license, government ID, passport, or work or school identification card that corresponds to vaccination proof.
- All users ages 19 and older who visit the fitness center or take a group fitness class will be required to show vaccination status to enter. Vaccination status will be checked at the customer service desk. If during hours when the desk is not staffed, the instructor will check status please arrive early.
The clarifying language from Cook County also stated that the following are exempt from the vaccination part of the order:
- Any individual participating in recreation programs though special recreation for individuals with disabilities.
- Spectators of indoor sporting events provided that no food or drink is being served and that they remain masked at all time
- Individuals who have previously received a medical exemption, as long as proof of the medical exemption and a COVID-19 test administered by a medical professional within the last 24 hours prior to entering a business covered by the Order are provided to the business upon entry.
Patrons planning an event (e.g. birthday party or facility rental) will be required to certify that all attendees ages 5 and older have provided proof of vaccination if food and drink are being served. Sporting rentals will be required to certify that all adults are vaccinated. An updated rider will be added to current and future rental agreements outlining the responsibility of the event organizer.
These requirements will go into effect on Monday, January 17. We appreciate your kindness to and patience with our staff during this time.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com or 847-255-1200
Local, county, state and CDC guidance and regulations change frequently. The River Trails Park District is monitoring and following all guidance provided by the health experts and epidemiologists. We will continue to review and evaluate the mitigation guidance being provided by Cook County Department of Health and communicate updates as we have them. When guidance and requirements change, the River Trails Park District may need time to fully review and communicate any changes to patrons and staff. River Trails is working hard to ensure the health and wellness of our community.