Welcome to the new and improved version of the River Trails Park District website. We want to make sure you are aware of changes that have been made to our site.
- Mobile-Responsive Design: The new site provides optimal viewing and an interactive experience. The modern design is easy to read and navigate with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling across a wide range of devices from desktop computer monitors, mobile phones and tablets.
- Mega Menu: This main navigation tool allows you see everything about the park district along with all the programs and classes that are offered throughout the year.
Bottom “buttons” are new menu items that are easy to access on any page with key information
- Seasonal Brochure: Our interactive guide and PDF version are available along with the previous seasonal brochure.
- Interactive Calendar: View what is going on by our calendar or list of events. All the important details are located on each event page.
- Interactive Map: The map allows you to search by feature, park or facility. By clicking on either the park or facility a picture and address will pop up, clicking on the address will then lead to Google Maps where directions can be found to the park or facility.
- Register Online: Register online, download the registration form and check out the hours to register at the Weiss Community Center. We list all the ways you can register for a class along with each seasons registration dates.
Tools to help find information fast!
- Virtual Backpack: This will be seen on certain pages, by clicking on the backpack you will be able to download current PDFs and information.
- Search Bar: The new search bar allows to search results district wide.
- Colorful Banners on the top of the Homepage: These banners will alert you of announcements that are currently taking place at the Park District and on our site.
- News Section: Visit the page to see all the important things happening around RTPD!
- Join Our Mailing List: Sign up by entering your email address to receive notifications on registration, special events, job/volunteer opportunities and park district announcements.