Saturday, October 3, 2020
Voted 2017 ‘Best Event’ in Illinois by the Illinois Park & Recreation Association
The RTPD Trails Challenge Youth OCR is a 1.25 Mile (2K) Obstacle Course Race. The course will take adventurous youth throughout the Woodland Trails Park. Due to COVID-19 concerns, the 2020 obstacles will be modified and additional safety precautions will be implements to ensure the safety and wellness of every runner, family member, volunteer and staff. Read the Covid-19 accommodations at the bottom of this page to learn about the steps and changes being put in place to run a fun and safe race this year.
There will be natural and man-made obstacles throughout the course challenging runners determination and physical prowess. The races are held completely within the Woodland Trails Park footprint so there are no street crossings and we will have special accommodations throughout your experience that will create and highlight safety precautions.
To hold the event, we must have 100 registrations by September 13 and race times / groups may be modified based on race numbers. Those registered will be guaranteed a t-shirt, medal, goodie bag and bragging rights they conquered The Trail!
Due to state guidelines and logistics, there will be no registration taken after 3p on Friday October 2.
Fees per person & deadline
$18 thru September 7
$23 thru September 30
$28 October 1 & 2
Information for Registrants: if you are having any issues registering, simply email email@example.com OR call 847-463-3716.
Time & Age
* Races could be combined and or race times changed based on registration*
- 930am – 12-14 year olds
- 10am – 9-11 year old boys
- 1030am – 9-11 year old girls
- 11am- 7-8 year olds
- 1130am – Family Run
OCR 2020: Covid-19 Accommodations:
River Trails Park District would like to update you on our OCR event that is scheduled for October 3, 2020. We want to reassure everyone that we have and are making every effort to hold the safest event possible and will be utilizing Covid-19 protocol precautions and guidelines.
Here is a short list of changes that you will see at this year’s race:
- All runners, spectators, staff and volunteers should do a health and well-being assessment prior to the race at home. Anyone showing signs of covid-19 should not come to the park district.
- We will have volunteers directing spectators so that we don’t have more than 50 people in a certain area / zone. Spectators will be allowed to walk to some obstacles.
- We will be using a time trial method of timing. This means all runners will start in 5 second intervals and allows runners to be socially distanced prior to the race
- Every person entering the park district (inside or outside) will be required to wear a face covering for this event. Runners must have masks on while waiting for their race and until they begin running. Runners should either wear their mask or place it in a pocket while running.
- Hand washing stations will be available before and after the race
- Hand sanitizer will be available after obstacles that have a high touch area for participants if they desire it
- No day-of registration. Registration ends at 3p on Friday Oct 2.
- We strongly recommend picking up your goodie bag, number and shirt in days prior to the race.
- Only guardian(s) living in the runner’s house will be permitted at the event.
We have made registration EASIER! No Verification needed!
How to Register Online
1. Create your account here , if you do not have one.
2. Log in using your username and password
3. Click on the “Browse Activities” button
4. Verify your email then click “Continue”
5. Click on “Recreation Programs” button
6. Select the person that is registering for the program and click “Continue”
7. Select the program(s)
8. When finished with selection(s) click “Continue”
9. Complete payment information
Need help more info or help on registration? Click here