Code of Conduct
All participants are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times while participating, spectating or attending any program or activity sponsored by River Trails Park District. This includes participation programs which may or may not require an admission fee, spectating at any athletic events, recitals, rental, facility usage and or attending special events. The following guidelines are designed to provide a safe and enjoyable activities for all participants.
Participants, spectators and or parent/guardian shall:
- Show respect to all participants, officials, program staff and supervisors
- Take direction from program staff and supervisors
- Refrain from using abusive, foul language or bullying of any kind
- Refrain from any and all remarks against an individual’s race, ethnic background, religion, physical appearance, or disabling conditions, this will not be tolerated.
- Refrain from causing bodily harm to self, other program participants, program staff & supervisors.
- Not bring in any weapons or items that may be used as weapons to any programs, parks or facilities.
- Refrain from damaging equipment, supplies, facilities and parks
- Additional codes of conduct may apply for particular programs such as: day camps, adult athletic leagues.
River Trails Park District reserves the right to dismiss a participant, spectator and or parent/guardian for any inappropriate conduct.
Our Commitment to Safety
River Trails Park District recognizes the importance of safety for our employees and participants. Our goal is to develop and carry out an ongoing program where everyone’s health and safety are the most important factors. All employees are directly involved in making safety a matter of continuing concern. With a cooperative spirit, we will be successful and benefit all members of our Park District Community. Adopted by the Board of Park Commissioners 2014.
Financial Assistance – Scholarship Program
Our goal is to provide recreational opportunities for all district residents. We provide services to our residents facing financial hardship through reasonably priced financial assistance/scholarship program. If you’re a River Trails Park District resident facing financial hardship you can apply for assistance. Please fill out an application at the Weiss Community Center, 1500 E. Euclid Ave., Mt. Prospect. Call 847.255.1200 for any questions.
Scholarship assistance is made possible from funds raised through our River Trails Park & Recreation Foundation a 501(c)3 organization.