Fall 2020 Soccer Update:
Under new Illinois Sports Guidelines the River Trails Park District will not be able to hold a traditional Fall Soccer League. In its place we will be offering a modified soccer league that fits the structure of the states guidelines for 1st-8th grade and instructional classes for 4yr-kindergarten.
- For 1st-8th graders, we will still form teams, have weekly practices and play games with a modified field and rules to ensure players can maintain 6ft of distance.
- This game will stress skill development, team work, focus on passing and ball movement.
- The field will be marked with alternate sections for each team member with a 6ft “no play” boundary in between each section to prevent any contact or close play.
- With a 5v5 (plus goalie) setup, we feel this will turn out to be a fast paced game play.
- Parent coach volunteers are still needed.
- The instructional classes for 4yr olds – kindergarten are still being developed. Detailed information and schedule will be available and communicated by the end of the day on Friday August 14.
We understand this will not be normal fall soccer season but are excited about the concept that we have created. We feel this option gives kids an opportunity to play in fall sports and ensure everyone’s safety. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
How to Register for Soccer
Registration can be done online or at the Weiss Community Center, 1500 E. Euclid Avenue. Mount Prospect, IL 60056. RTPD Soccer Uniform can also be purchased online or at the Weiss Community Center at the time of registration. For more information on our Soccer Program please call 847.255.1200.