Explore! If you have not explored your Award Winning Park District, this summer would be
a great time to do so. The River Trails Park District was awarded:
• Illinois Park and Recreation Association, Best Program for Parkour 2017
• Illinois Park and Recreation Association, Best Overall Event for the Youth 2K Obstacle Course
• Illinois Park and Recreation Association, 3rd Place Award for our 2017 Brochure Series.
• Won the Park District Risk Management Association’s highest safety award for the
entire park district
• Ellis & Associates Platinum International Aquatic Safety Award and had a Golden Guard
• Re-accredited as an Illinois Distinguished Agency through Illinois Park and Recreation
Association and Illinois Association for Park Districts
Dream! The Park District has hired landscape architects to redesign Burning Bush Trails Park. As
part of the process, we will be looking for community input. There will be community meetings
and the ability to submit your thoughts online, keep a watch for these great opportunities to
Dream Big! We want to make Burning Bush Trails a destination park for all to enjoy!
Discover! Passive Recreation can be as important as active recreation. River Trails has eight
parks and all have plenty of green space, wooded areas, benches, walking trails and other
opportunities for passive recreation. Discover ALL our parks and all the benefits that come with
Parks and Recreation.
Summer is here! These are exciting times! Come check out the benefits of enjoying nature at your
leisure, after all, The Benefits of Recreation are Endless.